Regular nibbles from the Bible. . .come for a bite, leave with an appetite



May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight. (Psalm 19:14, MSG)

Saturday, August 3, 2013

PRIZES AND PRESENTS: Birthday Ruminations (Psalm 66)

I'm bringing my prizes and presents to your house. I'm doing what I said I'd do, what I solemnly swore I'd do that day when I was in so much trouble. (Psalm 66:13-14, MSG)

Lately I've been looking at the "prizes" I've accumulated throughout my life.It's rather depressing; aside from the number of books, which is steadily growing, I feel like I have failed in making much of an impact in anyone's life.

But 25 books in print is a significant milestone, and I begged God for each one, representing sacrifice of hours of my days and years of my life.

And on the many days when I was in trouble, I did ask God to let me minister to others because of my experience. It has come in fiction and not nonfiction, but I put many of my heroes and heroines through wringers of internal conflict.So in a sense, those books were offered to God before their concepton.

May every book I've written. Every life I've touched. Those pitifully few people I have had a part in leading to Christ. Those writers I have helped and through them, the people their books will touch, my spiritual grandchildren. And my own precious, serious, committed son and his beautiful, sunny children. May those join me at the throne where we all cast our pitiful pile of treasures at the feet of the Lord.

I want more. I want joy and hope.

But until then, satisfaction in a job well done will have to do.


Today's favorite verse: All together now--applause for God! Sing songs to the tune of his glory, set glory to the rhythms of his praise. (Psalm 66:1-2, MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment