Regular nibbles from the Bible. . .come for a bite, leave with an appetite



May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight. (Psalm 19:14, MSG)

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

HUMAN TOUCH (Leviticus 13)

Today's chapter - 13 - deals with skin sores. Ouch. That's me. 

I'm not sure what the technical term is. The skin over my belly, which was cut twice for c-sections and once to remove a hernia, is stretched and prone to boils which erupt and then get infected.

If I am reading Leviticus 13 right, I would be considered "unclean." Forced to live out among the lepers. Cut off from human contact. 

To make it worse, I'm a hugger. I crave human contact. To imagine that I had to live in isolation, without physical contact. How . . . horrible.

I am grateful to live in an age where treatments are available and protective gear such as gloves and bandages prevent the spread of infection. I am thankful to live in a place where caring hands clean the boils and spread the medication over them. 

But two millennia ago, without protective gloves or access to antibacterial ointment, Jesus touched lepers. Before He healed them. Before they were ritually clean, infection free and safe for his human body.

In the words of an old song, "He touched me, and made me whole."
Had to include - I love cats!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great song :) Thank you Darlene!
    >>>(((((Darlene))))) there's an online hug!

    ReplyDelete