Regular nibbles from the Bible. . .come for a bite, leave with an appetite



May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight. (Psalm 19:14, MSG)

Sunday, June 9, 2013

EXTRA EDITION

I sang a hymn this morning which resonated with what God has been teaching me through the lives of the kings.  Hum it along with me as a prayer to the Lord:

Lord Jesus, I long to be perfectly whole; 
I want Thee forever to live in my soul.
Break down every idol, cast out every foe;
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Chorus:
Whiter than snow, yes, whiter than snow.
Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus, look down from thy throne in the skies,
And help me to make a complete sacrifice.
I give up myself and whatever I know,
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.

Lord Jesus, Thou seest I perfectly wait,
Come now, within me a new heart create.
To those who have sought Thee, Thou never saidst no.
Now wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
                         --Written by James L. Nicholson, 1872

No comments:

Post a Comment