Every fifty years, Israel celebrated the year of jubilee. Land was returned to ancestral owners, and slaves were set free.
I am God's tenant. What on earth does that mean? A few thoughts:
- God provides what I need to work.
- I should hold onto things lightly. They don't really belong to me, in any case.
- God expects us to maintain and improve what He gives to us.
- I should treat others as fellow tenants--I am no better nor worse than they are. We have an equal position before God.
- God expects a return on His investment. He expects farmers to sow seeds and harvest. He expects teachers to teach. He expects writers--gulp--to write and share what they have written.
As God's tenant, what do you feel He is asking you to do today?