Regular nibbles from the Bible. . .come for a bite, leave with an appetite



May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight. (Psalm 19:14, MSG)

Saturday, January 26, 2013

FEEL-GOOD PROMISE

At last!  After several days of struggling with subjects such as the murder of children and blessing our enemies, today I paused on a genuinely feel-good, it's-wonderful-to-be God's child kind of verse.  

In Exodus 15, Moses sang a song about crossing the Red Sea. Exodus 15:12-13 definitely draws a line between "them" and "us." The Earth swallowed up "them"--those miserable slave-owning, refusing to let go Egyptians. 

But "us?"  We are redeemed--today, by the lamb of God, as surely as the Passover lamb redeemed the Israelites. 

We are led by His love. Have you ever heard the quote, "The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you?" His love accompanies us, wherever we are.

He guides us. Day by day. I might like a map of the next six months (six years?) but He shows me what I need today.

We are under His protection. (That is one of the definitions of "blessing," by the way. I discovered that in my work on my Blessing Factor  book)

He is taking us to His holy pasture.  A pasture to rest and eat--where we are set apart.

Wow: redeemed, loved, guided, protected, set apart, provided for.

That's what God wants for you. Put it in your warm fuzzy file. 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing way to look at it ~ thanks!

    Blessings,
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Redeemed how I love to proclaim it..." thanks Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen, I've noticed you quote songs and often they are the same as what I'm singing in my head. So my question is do you think in music? People who don't wont really understand that question but when I read something or even hear something most of the time a song pops into my head. So I call it "thinking in music"; and no I'm not crazy I just love to sing and praise The Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, Susan. I just don't quote them very often more than a line or so because of copyright issues.

    ReplyDelete